Wednesday, July 8, 2009

And So It Begins

Well, today I went to work and my employers began a discussion amongst themselves about my current "situation." Seeing as how we work in a 200 sq. ft. office, I am perfectly able to hear the conversations that take place in our office, no matter what corner I stand in...

So one employer says to the other, "darling, Brittney needs to get out of the country." Well, I know that the office space is small, and that my wit can, at times, be overwhelming, but come on! A simple day off will not suffice? Perhaps some electrical tape down the center of the room to mark off our territories? No, it's time for me to leave the country.

The conversation continues, and employer #2 says, "well my love, I don't see why we shouldn't work something out to help get her to New Zealand or Japan." My mouth is now ajar, and I'm beginning to drool onto the keyboard on my desk. (Perhaps this visual image is why they could desire my absence)

A few hours later, a decision was made. Rather than send me out of the country, they're going to more realistically help prepare me for life in the real world. Employer #1 states, "Brittney is planning on moving to Costa Rica in January." Employer #2, "well she can't very well move to Costa Rica unless she is scuba certified. Love, that is what we will do for her." And so, after a long days work, we've come to the next new place to explore. I'm going under. And I have the coolest employers ever. Ever.

4 comments:

  1. That seems to make them perfectly awesome employers. As though they weren't pretty good to start. I LOVE your blog. I am SO glad you have begun one. I DOUBLE LOVE the title. Your creativity is one of your most loveable characteristics.
    ps, you may want to make the comments have to post who they are...

    ReplyDelete
  2. last ps. you need to have your title posted somewhere on your header... It's too cool of a title to not headline. Maybe instead of your name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! you did it. and i love love love your blog too. are you seriously going to go scuba diving??

    ReplyDelete