Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I like cheese.

So I realize that I'm very behind on the blog-- a whole month! But catching up is not something I'm going to play at today... Maybe another time.

So, I was surfing the book, and I read like the fourth post about someone from high school's seventh anniversary, and like the millionth about someone's pregnancy... this week.  As a response, I felt very guided to post the following: "Everyone's having their 7th anniversary or 2nd child and I'm over here like, 'guys. I really like cheese."  But my actual posting was slightly different, and upon writing it, it was really a wake up call to how completely awesome my life is. Not because someone posted how awesome I am, or because I was fishing for support or compliments... I just think I'm funny. But because I thought about all I have accomplished in the last 7 years. It would have been wonderful to get married at 20 (yes I'm that old) and be building a family life for the last seven years, but I have been so incredibly blessed in other ways during this time of life. I won't list everything I've been able to do, because I don't want to brag.

Okay. I'll brag a little bit.
So I have this supervisor, right? and he's German, okay? and I was initially terrified of him because he was very serious, ya know?

Well, he came and observed two of my classes this week, and was supposed to observe a third. After the second class he came to me and said, "I'm not going to observe the third class. These two classes have been like a video straight out of 'The Book of How to Teach.' They were everything you would ever want to see in a classroom. So I won't impose on your classtime any further."

That's right ladies and gents. My classes were straight up beautiful. "Everything you want to see in a classroom."

So no. I'm not married and I like cheese. But you know what? I'm doing okay for myself. Which I knew, but I wanted to remind you in case you'd forgotten I'm awesome :)

5 comments:

  1. I like cheese & I LOVE you & you are doing just fine. Heavenly Father is very aware of you and the decisions you have been making for the past many years. You are doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAAAAAAAT?!? That is so awesome. I love it. And I love you. And cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I wish Oliver would tell me occasionally that my motherhood skills are beautiful. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies!
    P.S. Rebecca, your motherhood skills are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete