Monday, January 18, 2010

Flashing Lights

So Becca says it's time to write in my blog again.

I think I should probably tell you about my Thursday morning this week.  I leave for school at 6:45 every morning; and it's still dark.... It's pretty rough :)  So I was driving to school, and I was running a tiny bit late (as usual).  I eat a yogurt for breakfast every morning, and it usually happens on my way to school.  So I'm zipping through Gilbert trying to cut my drive a little shorter, and suddenly there're very bright flashing lights behind me in the darkness.  I pull over and the police officer asks me if I know why. Thinking of my usual driving habits I say, "um, maybe I was speeding?"  He says, "Well 55 in a 45 isn't really a big deal, it's more because you turned too wide and into my lane. I was turning left and had the right of way."  "Oh. Sorry."  So he kindly gave me a verbal warning, told me that the driver's license I've had since I was 16 was too old and I should go get it updated....

Turning too wide?? I think he pulled me over cuz he saw me eating yogurt while I was turning...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you wrote this while you were on the phone with me.

    And it was totally because of the yogurt.

    ReplyDelete