Thursday, April 15, 2010

Knock Knock; Who's There?

So for the last year I've been hearing this strange sound out my window in the mornings. Like knocking, but inconsistent.  Knock, knock......knock......................knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock................. and so on.  It would wake me up, I would get annoyed and look out my window, but I could never figure out what it was.  Finally, it occurs to me.
There's a woodpecker in my palm tree.What the heck??  Do woodpeckers even LIKE palm trees?  Do woodpeckers even LIVE in GILBERT?????

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! i would have been traumatized. haha. yeah, we always get woken up at our cabin... but gilbert... are you sure its a woodpecker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several species of woodpecker that are indigenous (I think) to the state. And they love palm trees. And cacti, and utility poles. I hear them in my backyard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete