Monday, April 12, 2010

Why I Laugh P2

I don't know if I already told this story, because it happened a few weeks ago.  I was taking my class out to lunch and a little girl had on these HUGE sunglasses.  They were humongous.  And she was trying to keep them on at all costs.  When I looked at her I thought, "Wow- those are really gaudy."  Then my next thought was, "that kind of looks like the style I wear."  I asked her where she got them, and she said they were hers.  I thought that was a strange answer, thought momentarily that..... but no, it couldn't be... Then I realized she was wearing MY sunglasses.  I asked her again where she got them and she answered, "They're MINE."  I looked at her and with all the risk of sounding like a two year old said, "No, they're MINE."  And I took them back.  She said someone had handed them to her off their desk and told her they were hers.  She hadn't argued, in fact, she'd adopted them quite readily...

1 comment: