Friday, April 27, 2012

When Daddy let me drive

Today I had my first lesson on driving a road bike all on my own. I've been begging, but everyone I ask just tells me our motorcycle is too heavy for me to drive, or even just lift by myself. Well, today I asked Dad again and so (being the good sport he is) he drug out the Kawasaki 750, figured out it wasn't workin, jumped it, took me for a ride, then encouraged me to try it out. I did it!  I can lift it, I can keep it upright, start, stop and turn!  I'm so proud of myself. I know I'd be a terrible motorcycle driver without a lot of practice, but just taking my first ride made me super happy with myself.  Thanks Daddy!  I can't decide which was more trusting of him; that he initially wanted me to drive it without him on the back, or that he was willing to stay on when I asked him to.  What a great Pop!

1 comment:

  1. you updated your blog! yay! you and your family are nuts :P

    ReplyDelete