Sunday, January 30, 2011

Revival

So, last night was the evening of the Winter Revival Concert.  

Main Reason I went?  Nik Day.  One of 3 Openers for the show.  Carolina introduced me to his music and I thought it would be fun to see him live.  Yes, I played the role of a groupie and went up to meet him after the show.

Main Event?  Joshua James.  I didn't know how much I loved him until he was up there on stage.  His passion?  A-mazing.  Live shows of Joshua James?  EVEN BETTER than his studio recordings.  He puts everything into his music.  His face, his body, his voice, every piece of him is in that song.  Before playing his second song, Cheyenne, he told the story behind it; a little boy was kidnapped from a neighboring town where he grew up, and he wrote it about that event.  His passion ALONE for the music nearly brought me to tears.
 Sorry they're so blurry, but in my defense, there was no flash, and I was on my tiptoes leaning on some guy I didn't even know.


Main Effect?  My own personal Revival.  My passion for music is back folks.  My heart leapt as I watched James performing.  I just wanted to be up there; blasting it out again.  I've been hiding it for enough years.  My sabbatical is over.  It's time to jump back in and work by butt off to get back into what I love.  That's right; I'm gonna sing again.

Props to Carolina for talking me through that much needed self-realization.


Ps.  This was the post I needed to write that jump started me back to my blog.  Thank you Joshua James for bringing me back to my love of music, and to my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I am VERY excited for all things to come! :) In the words of your much beloved Nik: "You can do anything." Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you kidding me? i love joshua james! okay. i only know like 5 of his songs. but i have those songs MEMORIZED! i'm totally glad you have friends that will be impulsive with you! and glad you had fun and were inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh. the impulsiveness was the film festival. whatever. i'm glad you did that too ;)

    ReplyDelete