Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sundance Film Festival?

Well, let's be honest.  When I said I wanted to go to the Sundance Film Festival, it was because I really wanted to be that cool and cultured, but I already knew I had no money, time, or preparation to actually get in to any of the films.

So here's what I already knew was going down.  I wanted a road trip.  And I wanted one bad.

Talked my girlfriends Kelly and Ashley into driving up with me to Park City to "people watch and just hang out."

You know Park City is amazing for shopping and just getting out of Provo, so it wasn't going to matter what happened, we'd find an adventure when we got there.

On the way up, we closed up shop with the coolest thing ever.  Deer Creek Reservoir?  Frozen over.  People were on it.  I was in awe.











To the girls' dismay, I was stopping no matter the price.



We walked on the lake.  Wait, I jumped on the lake!

Look!  It's really the lake under that shnow and ice!

We watched people ice fishing.  I'm so going to do that someday...  Love it.  I think that was the highlight of the trip for me!

We drove up, there was no parking anywhere because of the festival (gee, why didn't I think of that?)  So we people watched from the car, enjoyed the scenery, went out to dinner at Wasatch Bagel (yum)  and stopped in Heber for some shakes at the Dairy Keen.



"Where'd the Train go?"  and "Can I put a quarter in it??"  May or may not have been direct quotes from my mouth...  In my defense, it was the Hogwarts Express.

All in all the day was a lovely break from the Provo scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment