Saturday, March 27, 2010

The time of decision is at hand...

I'm not sure why, but I wrote this like a million years ago and never posted it.....

After almost 2 years, the day of decision is upon me.  I have looked forward to it and dreaded it simultaneously.  I received my letter of acceptance to a graduate program at BYU.  After a year I would have a Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, and would be qualified to begin the MA program of the same name, which would take a subsequent two years to complete.  This comes at a time when my brother and his wife are moving to Colorado and my sister and her husband are moving to Boston.  If I move forward, my family will be strewn across 4 states.  Four kids, four different states.

That was unexpected.

Well, the decision has not been firmly made, there are a few more discussions to be had with my Father, but we will see.  I still secretly long to work for and Italian airline, but I have to master Italian first...  A part of me longs to follow McKade or Lynzie to Colorado or Massachusetts respectively, while the majority of me would still like to follow Becca and Joanna out to California.  However, it's lookin' like my chapters in Arizona are coming to an end, or at least receiving an intermission.  I am excited about the prospect of applying at the MTC.  We'll see what happens!

3 comments:

  1. i want an update on this!! what are you thinking of doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I know, I'll write about my decision :) Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in indecision mode. My plan is to go up to Provo for the summer semester (which begins the end of June) and take a prereq course that semester. Then, my plans are undetermined. I am awaiting responses on a few applications placed at school districts and airlines, but right now, BYU is actually my only offer. So, I'm going that direction and seeing if anything changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm disappointed that Japan in not mentioned in the realm of possibilities. You know you want an adventure.

    ReplyDelete