Thursday, November 14, 2013

TESOL and Tipsy Trips

Guys! I probably already told you, but along with one of my thesis advisors, I got accepted to present the methods of my thesis at a Pre-Convention Institute at TESOL 2014; an extra class that people pay to go to the day before the main conference starts. I am so stoked to go and it will be a great opportunity to learn more at the conference and to have an official presentation on my resumé. So excited!!!!

However, there were some issues with my administration in getting permission to leave school for a week. Great news---- I got permission today! So now to budget well enough to be able to go... ...

The deal is, in return I have to go with the Senior class on their senior trip for 10 days in May. At first I was like-- Awesome! A 10 day vacation with a bunch of 18 year olds! And then I was like-- A vacation with a bunch of 18 year olds in a country where the legal drinking age is 18, and the school couldn't care less about students getting wasted on a school trip. So it should be an adventure... haha

I'm still hoping it will be a good opportunity to get to know a new part of Mexico (the students are thinking Cancun...) and that it will still be a little educational :)

No comments:

Post a Comment