Sunday, December 26, 2010

Last Day in Japan

This day was amazing. I packed all my things, drug my bags to the train station and rode downtown.  Once there I went to a bus station, where I had a slip of paper the sweet Japanese brother had given me with instructions on what bus to board for my trip to the airport.  I got my ticket, and made my way to the station to wait for the bus.  While waiting, the husband and wife duo appeared out of no where to ensure that I got on the right bus, and that I was on my way.  They are so sweet.  I seriously almost cried as they pulled out a lunch they had packed for me, then spoke to the bus driver when he arrived so he would know where I should be going.  They were so sweet.  We couldn't talk to each other, but the man had memorized (and practiced, I'm sure) a phrase in English to wish me luck and send me on my way.  They were such good people, and I couldn't help but pray gratefully for them to be blessed for their selfless service and interest they took in me and my well being.

The bus ride was a beautiful one, I loved passing the forests with all its amazing trees.  These were trees like I had never seen before in America.  These pictures simply do not do the scenery justice.

What a beautiful place.  I hope someday to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment