Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude Day #10: Un Desconocido

I started writing my post, "Today I'm grateful for washing machines."  As I wrote it, I felt a strange sense of deja vu. I went back to my blog and sure enough, I said that on day 2. Really? Only 10 days and I'm already repeating? I think I must be REALLY grateful for washing machines.

So I guess today I'll be grateful for something else-- Jang So Young. Jang So Young, I have no idea who you are. I don't even know if you're a man or a woman (I've been guessing woman all this time, but I guess I'm not sure). But I am grateful for you and the work you did on your dissertation. That dissertation has been the bane of my day, but the saving grace of my literature review. If I can plow through it, I can write my own second chapter of a thesis. And for that, I thank you for all your hard work and research to guide my own hard work and research.

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a female Korean name. Hope all is going well with your thesis!

    ReplyDelete