Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 4 of Mexico- Saturday

This morning we got up early to go look at a studio apartment. It's in a really good neighborhood, very safe and very pretty, only one entrance covered by a poli. The house the studio is attached to is beautiful, but inside the studio I was slightly less impressed. With a bit of extra love and elbow grease I could probably make it okay... Here are pics of that one. It's near Angela's neighborhood (colonia tlaltenango), so about a 10-15 minute drive up to school (which is in lomas de ahuatlan). http://casas.trovit.com.mx/index.php/cod.frame/url.http%253A%252F%252Frentasyventas.com%252Fdepartamentos-en-renta-en-cuernavaca-morelos%252Fbungalow-amueblado-colonia-tlaltenango%252Fi557337.html/id_ad.1e1Q1h1D111-i14/what_d.bungalow%20cuernavaca/type.2/origin.2/section.1/section_type.1/pop.1
I wasn't convinced, but Angela wanted me to be, if only for the quality of the neighborhood.

After that we went straight to the school where I finally got something in mind for the first day. Now to plan Day 2 haha. I took the public bus (the ruta) home from work for the first time. It was about a 20 minute ride, then a half mile walk uphill to Angela's house, but overall, not bad.

Possibly tomorrow I'll go look at an apartment that I absolutely love (the pictures at least), but it's very far away. If I had a car I think it would be at least a 35 minute drive to the school, mostly on the freeway, which I'd be willing to do. But by bus, who knows how many years it would take... :) It's in a colonia called Quintana Roo.
http://rentar-casa.vivanuncios.com.mx/rentar-departamento+cuernavaca/rento-bonito--bungalow-------/78599205#contact

I honestly think Angela is ready to have me out asap, even though she continues to be nothing but helpful and supportive and kind. Anyway, so I'm really hoping I meet people at church who can either take me in for a bit or who can help me find a good place.

No comments:

Post a Comment